GAME RICH DESTINATIONS
Destined To Travel is a small, independent travel agency and safari company based in the USA and operates in many African safari destinations, such as Tanzania and Kenya. Tanzania has been voted the best country for wildlife viewing and safety. These African safari destinations are considered game rich, with a large diverse wildlife population. They are the ones most often requested when someone is searching for a safari for the first time. Very often repeat guests will want to return to these countries in a different area. When practical, Tanzania and Kenya may be combined. One should be aware, however, that combining two countries is often more expensive and do have different requirements both for travel to and within the countries.
THINGS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TOURISM
- Destined To Travel works with companies and properties who make as low an impact on the environment and local culture as possible,
- Helps to generate future employment for local people.
- What goes in, comes out, no trash is left behind.
HOW LONG IS A SAFARI?
Depending on budget:
- Occasionally 5 night safaris are offered
- 7 nights or longer
- Customized for your group
DO ALL SAFARIS OPERATE THE SAME?
One should be aware that safaris do operate differently in each country. There is no ‘one size fits all’ and all safaris are not equal. Countries are vastly different and what is practical for one country will not work in another. It is important to be aware of this, as often some countries do require hours of driving, because distances are quite far. Flying from place to place is almost always more expensive and there are safaris that incorporate flights as well. If Destined to Travel is assisting you in planning your individual safari, it would be appropriate to work closely with the clients to plan it within their specification and suggestions from Destined To Travel.
CONSERVATION, POACHING AND WHY NOW!
- Elephants are disappearing at the rate of one elephant every fifteen minutes
- Rhino are almost extinct and now it is rare to see one. Over 3200 have been killed in past two years
- Please consider donating to help keep these populations growing. Please visit our Make a Difference page
- Conservationists vary in how long they think these gentle giants will be around. Make no mistake, if you don’t go NOW, you may see much fewer in numbers, if any at all. Five to Ten years seems to be the norm. Please don’t but this off for a future ‘bucket’ list item, consider it now as opposed to later
START IN THE BUSH, END ON THE BEACH
Maybe you’ll want to indulge yourself at the end your safari, do a little shopping, and relax in some of the most well appointed properties on some of the beautiful beaches of Zanzibar, sipping on your dawa, while dipping your feet in the blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Be sure to inquire about that. It is absolutely stunning.
Meet Paul and Sam, Destined To Travel driver-guides in Tanzania: Paul, our lead driver is a local Tanzanian has worked with Destined To Travel for several years and is the epitome of professionalism. He is married with three children. Sam is often our second driver, also a local Tanzania has worked with Destined To travel for the past several safaris. He is married with four children.
Meet Wilson, Destined To Travel driver in Kenya at Amboseli