Are there travel requirements I need to know before I begin my trip?
I’m often asked if there are any requirements for travel in the way of behavior. The answer is yes….there are. Many of them are for reasons of safety, but here are a list of ‘rules’ I share with everyone before the trip, so we all start on the same page and get off to a good start.
- Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast them at home, for thou hast left home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the making of a fine tour.
- Thou shalt not let other travelers get on their nerves, for thou art paying good money to enjoy thyself.
- Thou shalt not worry, for thou hast paid others to do all the worrying – and they that worry hath no pleasure.
- Thou shalt not expect to stay long in one place, for if the Lord had expected us to stay in one place we would have been created with roots.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of any country by the one who hast given thee trouble.
- Thou shalt remember to take only half the clothes thou thinkest thou needest – and twice the money.
- Thou shalt remember at all times where they passport is, for a traveler without a passport hath no home.
- Thou shalt remember to be punctual at all times or thou shalt inherit the wrath of all thy fellow travelers.
- Thou shalt remember that thou art a guest in the other country and they that treateth their host with proper respect shall be honored.
To find your safari, visit destined-to-travel.com or email email@example.com